Sunday, August 23, 2015

Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year!

"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." - John Muir

I am very excited to start my adventure at Chesterfield Day School!  I will use this space as a means to communicate the learning that is happening in 4-5-6 science as well as spotlight current thematic units, concepts, and the big picture.

A little background about me... This is my 14th year teaching.  I started my career as an intern in the School District of Clayton while I worked on my undergrad in Elementary Education.  Then I taught two years of 4th grade science in the St. Louis Public School system where I was awarded Teacher of the Year and Outstanding Beginning Teacher of Missouri.  Next, I transitioned to an environmental science lab position at the Imagine Academy of Environmental Science and Math.  During my time at ESM, I was awarded Regional Teacher of the Year and completed my masters in Elementary Education with a focus on Earth-based education.  After all the training and success I had at the elementary level I decided to switch gears entirely and move to middle school science at Maplewood Richmond Heights Middle School.  I spent five years at MRH where I was heavily involved in expeditionary learning, sustainability, and adventure education.

I spend most of my free time laughing and learning with my own two children, Hayes (6) and Hattie (3), and wonderful my wife, Carlyn.

You can expect weekly updates to this space so please check back regularly or subscribe to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment